What I'm Loving Wednesday

While out in Raleigh on Friday, I saw a guy wearing a shirt that I had to have.  It was a map of North Carolina divided in half between tomato and vinegar.  

Eastern North Carolina barbeque has always been my favorite.  Growing up, I was a picky eater but I could always be counted on to eat BBQ and fried chicken.  I did not even realize that there was another type of BBQ until I went off to college.  Now, I went to college in eastern NC, but I had some friends from the west who swore by that tomato based stuff.

DG took me on a date to Aviator Smokehouse for bbq one night and I was shocked when he ordered western style bbq.  I was eventually able to let it go, but we had a great idea.  We decided to have an East v. West bbq dinner for our reception and we've been super pumped about it.  So, when I saw the shirt, DG understood why I went nuts.

(via)

Well, after discovering the website that sold this fabulous shirt, I found out that the website has other NC specific apparel and gifts.  If you're an NC native, go check it out!  It's lots of fun.

I also found this great Etsy shop thanks to a giveaway Caitlin is hosting over on her blog.  There are a couple of different prints I'm loving that she already has in her shop, but don't be surprised when I get a couple of custom made prints as well.

(via)

(via)

Spoiler!  I ordered an early bridesmaids gift from Allie's shop!  Go check it out.  It's so stinking cute!

Hope you are having a great week! 
xoxo



Labels: ,