Tuesday Toast: Hiatus Recap

As a new-ish blogger, I've tried to get into a rhythm with blogging by having semi-regular posts.  I have been super busy over the past few weeks between wedding planning, friend events, work-related events, and the normal every day "stuff," so my blog was put on the back burner.  If you remember, I told you my blog was going to get a little redesign, so that's still in the works.  But since I've been on a hiatus, here's a recap.

While I was on break, my breakfast consisted of homemade coconut cake, coffee, and episodes of Will & Grace or the Golden Girls.   My uncle makes the best coconut cake and I read somewhere that if you're going to eat sweets, it burns more calories in the morning.  NOTED.

My friend Lauren's sister came in to town, so some of us went to Sitti downtown.  I got the goat cheese pizzette with chicken and it was delicious!  And also fun to kick off the last couple of weeks of the semester with teacher friends.


I'm pretty obsessed with Essie's Smokin' Hot polish.


Still working on my calligraphy!


My birthday was Sunday, so on Saturday, KP & Lauren took me to a new brewery in Holly Springs.  Bombshell Brewery opened a couple of weeks ago and we went to hang out in the tap room.  It was a great time except for their was a huge storm that blew threw the area and we weren't able to leave for a while.  There are worse places to get stuck.


Our friends Mary & Mike got engaged on Christmas Eve.  Ironically, they are both from Buffalo, so that's where they were for the holidays.  When they got home, some of us Raleigh friends teamed up to throw them a surprise engagement party on Saturday night.  Mike knew, but Mary was so surprised.  Mary is so sweet and gets so excited over things; so I love the look on her face when she opened these champagne flutes.




I've always painted my nails with some sort of glitter on my birthday, so on Sunday, I painted my nails Essie's After School Boy Blazer with a top coat of OPI's Rainbow Connection for an accent nail.


I have some super thoughtful friends who got me lots of fun birthday gifts.  I got these adorable coasters which are perfect.  The lipstick is from a friend who started wearing red lipstick and sparked my New Year's resolution.  She picked out the red lipstick and figured I'd need a smoky eye to go with it.  This gift is awesome because she put so much thought into my skin color and everything.  My friend KP got me my favorite wine.  So to celebrate the end of the 1st semester, and another month closer to my wedding, I decided to play around with the make-up while enjoying the wine.  I was really showered with love from friends and family this birthday making 27 already awesome.  My girlfriends have something up their sleeves for me this weekend and I'm DYING to know what it is but I'm trying not to ask.

Sorry for the long post, but now we're caught up!  Have a great week!  What are you toasting today?

xoxo













Labels: