Weekend: Remember how it snowed?

This past weekend didn't feel like a weekend at all!  With the winter weather that we had in the Raleigh area on Tuesday night, I only taught on Monday!  Students didn't come in Tuesday through Friday.  It was nuts!  The good news was I got a ton accomplished, including getting our passport applications taken care of and some much needed cleaning.

Saturday, I met my tall friend at Starbucks for some coffee before heading over to Sephora.


I have an Urban Decay Naked palette that I absolutely adore.  However, I wear the same 4 colors every time.  So, I asked for a little make-up lesson on how to do a smokey eye not using a ton of black.  I also learned how to line my eyebrows, which is something I've never done.  And to be honest, I'm not sure I have the patience to do it ever again.

My tall friend got tinted moisturizer, new lipstick, and she got her eyebrows lined too.  We both have the same feelings about that.  Also, she takes great selfies; I look possessed.

I had an appointment for a little surprise for the wedding.  I went to pick out fabric for the surprise and needless to say, I was overwhelmed (in a good way) with all of my options.


Can you believe all these choices?



I love these two... but I ended up going with the choices below.


I realize I'm being vague, but I have to be based on some of the readers I have (hey y'all!). 


Saturday night, DG & I went and met up with some of our friends to watch the Duke/Syracuse basketball game.  A lot of our friends are huge Syracuse fans, so they were really excited with the outcome of the game.  I snapped this picture because these two fools were gossiping.  And they say women are the worst gossips! 

Sunday morning, I woke up and practiced my calligraphy.  I only have 4 more days of my class left!  I can't believe how fast time is moving these days.  I practiced addressing envelopes by mailing my grandmother a little note on my Kate Spade "how the devil are you?" note cards!  (Thanks again, Nosal!)



After that, I decided to take advantage of the 60+ temperatures and went for a run.


No wonder my sinsues are all out of whack!  This weather is nuts!


I finished up the weekend with a glass of malbec and a crunchy dragon roll from Harris Teeter.  I was going to snap a picture to send to my LA buddy, but Winston jumped in to get a little whiff of wasabi and ginger.

How was your weekend?

Hope you have a great week!

xo,
post signature

Labels: