Weekend: 5K Champs & 80 Degree Weather

Good morning, friends!  Friday was a DAY, y'all.  I worked late but got to spend time catching up with my friend KC.  When I got home, I crashed.  I was emotionally and mentally drained and just wanted to relax.  It wasn't a totally horrible day though!  A former student stopped by during lunch with a chocolate milkshake for me.  Chocolate milkshakes are always the answer.

 
Clearly I have some issues picking what I would like to drink though.

Saturday morning DG and I ran in a local 5K.  We enjoy the run because it's a fun run, his soccer team participates, and most importantly, it supports a great cause.


We also both won first place in our age groups.  



Saturday was absolutely gorgeous!  It was close to 80 degrees, so Winston and I took the opportunity to enjoy some sunshine before the potential winter weather sets in on Tuesday.


Saturday night, DG and I headed out for pizza from Anna's Pizza.  

They accidentally gave us a full order instead of a half order of garlic knots.  Neither one of us were disappointed by that.

I have to take my pictures at lightning speed because if I don't, DG tries to photo bomb every. single. one.

We went and watched some of the NCAA basketball games with our friends after dinner.  I love how all of the underdogs are showing out during the tournament this year!

Sunday, I went and helped my friend Lauren pack up and sort through some of her items.  She's moving back to Chicago in a few very... very short weeks.

We took a break and went to Los Tres for lunch.  I am a creature of habit and generally always get the same things at restaurants (at Los Tres, a chicken quesadilla).  So, I decided to try flautas de pollo and I'm really glad I did.


With the grading period ending on Wednesday and spring break starting on Friday, I have a hectic week coming up.  I used the remainder of Sunday to check some grading off my list and to clean the house for the upcoming week.

How was your weekend?

xoxo,
post signature

Lisa & Bella

Labels: