Hey y'all! After being in Mexico for a week and then back in NC for a week and then gone again for another week, DG and I were really looking forward to being back on a schedule. I do a weekly meal plan at the beginning of each week so I'll know how to grocery shop. Last Sunday when I sat down to make my grocery list, I was insanely bored with my options so I hit my favorite blogs and Pinterest pages for new recipe ideas. I found this recipe over at Megan
's blog for cheesy jalapeno popper baked stuffed chicken
, and let me tell you... it did NOT disappoint.
Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
2 pieces center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used 4)
3 jalapenos, chopped (remove the seeds for milder)
3 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack cheese
2 tbsp chopped scallions
8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz. each
1/2 cup of Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
1 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets. Season with salt and pepper. Spray a baking dish with the non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar jack, scallions, and bacon crumbles in a bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface, and spread 2 tbsp cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each cutlet and secure ends with a toothpick to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl. In a second bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in the lime-oil mixture, then the breadcrumbs and place seam-side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with the olive oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes. Serve immediately.