Weekending: Lots of Celebrating!

Hey Y'all!  I'm so excited to recap my weekend!  It was full of lots of celebrating and productivity!

Thursday night, I met some girlfriends out for dinner to celebrate my tall friend's new job!  She's moving to Chicago to continue her teaching career.  I am SO pumped for her, but I am so sad she's leaving North Carolina.

Here are my outfit details: 

bangles / top (sold out) / jeans / sandals

We had dinner at Gonza Tacos y Tequila, which is one of my favorite restaurants in Raleigh.


I ordered chicken tacos specifically because it came with avocado.


Friday morning I worked at my part-time job and then met DG for a late lunch in downtown Apex.  I really love that we both are on the same schedule in the summer. It's fun to be able to have lunch dates during the week when we don't get to do that during the school year when we only have about 20 minutes for lunch.

Friday night, we went out with a couple of our friends to hear some live music in Fuquay and had a blast.


Saturday, I worked again and found the cutest little store called The Doodling Bug.  Wait until you see what I got from there.

Saturday night, DG and I ran a few errands.  With the updates we've been doing on the house, we have been spending a lot of time at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  After we left what seems to be like a weekly trip, we decided to try a new-to-us restaurant, Spirits, in Cary.  

We ordered tater tots stuffed with gouda and cheddar with TRUFFLE mayo.  Right.  Truffle.  Mayo.  It was as good as you're imagining. 


For our meal, I ordered a pimiento cheese and green tomato burger and DG got a grilled chicken sandwich.  I can't remember what all else was on it, but it came with an onion ring and he clearly couldn't wait long enough for me to take a picture before digging in.


Sunday, I did what I couldn't put it off anymore... I purged our kitchen of all our single-life dishes, pots, and pans, and put our new, married items in the cabinets.

I snapped this picture at the very beginning of the purge.  My friends all make fun of me because when I'm organizing, I have to make a huge mess before I can get anything done.


DG helped me, which I wasn't expecting, and we cleaned the cabinets, organized, and threw out and I felt a huge sense of accomplishment.  We went to Pottery Barn and got the remaining pieces from our registry to finish off our to-do list in the kitchen.

Because we got everything done we wanted to with the kitchen, we treated ourselves to ice cream.

I had to snap this picture so fast because we ordered a little scoop of vanilla ice cream for Winston to try, and he was pretty impatient.


And he loved it.  We generally don't let him have people-food, but I figured a little treat of vanilla ice cream wouldn't hurt, right?


Now it's your turn!  Tell Biana and me what you were up to this weekend!  



Have a great week, y'all!

xoxo,

post signature

Labels: ,