Suburb Sunday: SkinnyTaste Cajun Chicken Pasta

I use the summer to experiment with new recipes.  During the school year, I like to have recipes that I know will work and experiment on the weekends when I have more time to clean up.  I really do enjoy cooking, but I absolutely detest cleaning up afterwards.

This week, I decided to spice up (see what I did there?) our weekly meal plan with Cajun Chicken Pasta from SkinnyTaste.  I've had this pinned for... years, and just got around to trying it.

(via)
Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Prep all your vegetables.  In a small blender (I used my food processor), make a slurry by combining the milk, flour, and cream cheese.  Set aside.  Season chicken generously with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
  2. Prepare pasta in salted water per package instructions.
  3. Heat a heavy, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.  Spray with cooking spray and add half the chicken to the skillet.  Saute 5-6 minutes or until done, set aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken.  Set aside.
  4. Add olive oil to the skillet and lower to medium.  Add bell peppers, onions, and garlic to skillet.  Saute 3-4 minutes.
  5. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and saute 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.  Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
  6. Reduce heat to medium-low, add chicken broth and pour in slurry stirring about 2 minutes.
  7. Return chicken to skillet; adjust salt and Cajun seasoning to taste, cook another minute or two until hot, then add linguine; toss well to coat.  Top with chopped scallions and enjoy!
Let me know what y'all think!

xoxo,

post signature

Labels: