Weekending: Celebrating DG & Life

Good morning, friends!  Hope you had a great weekend.  I'm really excited to recap this weekend with you!
When I got off work on Friday, I headed over to Parlor Dry Bar in Cameron Village.  I was pumped to see their new location and it didn't disappoint!  Raleigh girls, go make an appointment now! 


I got home and got ready for DG and I to head to Angus Barn.  It's definitely a Raleigh staple, but neither of us had been.  It lived up to the hype and the ambiance was great.


Their wedge salad was out of this world good.


We both ordered pesto chicken with garlic mashed potatoes.





Saturday, I woke up and went to Pure Barre.  I don't even know who I am anymore.  I also went to Trader Joe's and picked up some things for Saturday night.  I also went and got a pedicure, which was the worst one I've ever received.  I was going to get a manicure too, but after the awful pedicure, I just decided to leave.  Ever had a horrible pedicure?  What'd you do?  I don't know what proper protocol is, but girlfriend definitely cut me in multiple places.

For DG's birthday, I surprised him with friends on the Raleigh Trolley Pub.  It was insanely fun!  If you live in a city with one, go do it.  Like, this weekend. It's BYOB and you can bring your own snacks.  It also stops at 2-3 bars in downtown Raleigh.  We chose to stop at 2 because it was so nice out.  So we got to ride around Moore Square and take a picture with the acorn.





After that, we went to Raleigh Times and met up with some more friends for cake.  I was so excited that DG had a great time, but also our friends did too.  It was a great day!




My mom and dad came too!  It was great to see them.

There was also this little football game on TV between Carolina and East Carolina.  That game ended with a 70-41 victory for my alum and the first top 25 ranking in polls since 2008 (the year I graduated college).  I must say... I'm proud.


Sunday, DG and I went and got lunch at Bagels Plus with Winston.  Winston had the best time until he was approached by 4 small children, which caused him to attempt to hide under the table.  



After lunch, I headed to Roanoke Rapids to celebrate the life of my dear friend's father.  It was an emotionally difficult day for my parents and me.  But it was a great celebration of JK's life and his awesome personality.  Please continue to keep Lindsey and her family in your thoughts and prayers.  I appreciate all of your support from Friday.

Now it's your turn.  Tell Biana and me about your weekend!  Don't forget to link back to both of our blogs and use our button! 

Weekending

xoxo,

post signature

Labels: ,