Tour of Blogland!




Y'all know that I love blogging for various reasons, including the friendships that I have made with other bloggers.  It's awesome to have a creative outlet that also has provided me with a great support system.

Joey from Hodges Podges asked me to do the Tour of Blogland and I was stupid excited to participate.  Here's the deal: I answer a few questions about how my blogging process works, and then introduce you, my lovely readers, to three of my favorite bloggers to do the same.  So here goes nothing:

What am I working on?
Right now, I have a Maybook full of ideas of outfits, products I love, and home decorating that I'm hoping I will have time to fulfill.  I also have some travel posts coming up.  In reality, I'm working a ton and I feel like my creative juices are on hold, but I appreciate you coming and reading while I am adjusting.

How does my work differ from others in its genre?
I don't actually feel that my blog fits in a genre.  It's a lifestyle blog in addition to a style blog with beauty posts and restaurants to try, and then occasional confession.  I don't know that it actually differs from other bloggers other than I try to try different things and bring new products to the table that aren't being blogged about on other blogs.  But let's be real; the good products are always going to pop up on all the blogs. :)

I will be honest, I'm not super honest on here.  I've mentioned before, but in my career, I know that there could be ramifications from me being too brutally honest, so this is super surface level, y'all.  But yet, still real.

Why do I write/create what I do?
I have always loved writing.  When I first graduated from college, I missed writing essays a lot.  As a history major, I wrote so many 20+ page research papers.  I wanted to publish, so for the longest time, I entertained this idea of going to graduate school to become a college professor so I could teach AND write.  My dream isn't too far gone now, but I love public education at the secondary level.  So for the time being, this is my writing outlet.

I also really love trying new things; whether it is a new mascara, a new outfit, or a new restaurant.  So being able to share those experiences is fun for me and a great way for me to get my writing fix.  I also really enjoy getting feedback from y'all! 

How does my writing/creating process work?
So, I have a notebook for where I plan out my posts.  I also have a space where I jot down my ideas.  I'm just using a notebook right now, but my next purchase will be a calendar with a note page for each week.  Admittedly, I plan much better in the summer when I'm not working.  What I'm doing is working but I definitely want to refine my process a little more.  Any suggestions are always welcome.

And now, meet three of my favorite bloggers!

Maddie from The Whimsy One



Amanda from as the wine cork turns


Katie from Katie Elizabeth


Be sure to stop by and say hey to Maddie, Amanda, and Katie!

xoxo,

post signature

Linking up with Joey & Kristin

Hodgespodges

Labels: