Hey y'all! I'm so excited to share one of my favorite recipes today. I've mentioned before that DG is a pretty picky eater, so I'm constantly on the hunt for recipes that I will like but that I can
get him to eat. When I stumbled across this
recipe last year, I knew we'd both be pleased.
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted red peppers
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I used turkey)
- 1 can sodium reduced black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can of diced tomatoes with green chiles (do not drain)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans no salt added tomato sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- TOPPERS: avocado, cheese, sour cream, plain yogurt
*I've done this two different ways, I've done steps 1 & 2 and then thrown everything into the crockpot for 4 hours. And I've done it the way listed below. The way I have listed below is our favorite.
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Either spray with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil, and place in red peppers through garlic powder in the pot. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion is tender.
2. Add in the ground beef or turkey. Let brown for 6 minutes until it starts to crumble.
3. Stir in remaining ingreidents and allow to simmer for 15 minutes to 2 hours. The longer it simmers, the more the flavors come out.
4. Pour into bowls, add your desired toppings, and enjoy!
What's your favorite cold weather recipe?
P.S. Have you entered our
giveaway? Ends Wednesday!