Weekending: Chicago Recap

I'm sure you are so tired of hearing about how excited I was to get to Chicago, but y'all, I haven't traveled much.  This was my first trip flying by myself.  Besides Cancun, I haven't been off the east coast in my travels.  So the fact that I went by myself was even more of a thrill.

I flew into O'Hare Friday night.  Lauren & Katie picked me up from the airport and we ordered take out deep dish pizza from Lou Malnati's.  OMG, is it amazing!  And... fun fact, they ship.




Saturday, Lauren and I got up and grabbed coffee and a morning bun from Intelligentsia.



We met Katie at Hash House a go go.  It is seriously insane food!


We spent the afternoon touring around Chicago neighborhoods, shops, and Millenium Park.








We went to LP Stadium and got truffle tater tots.


We went and got changed and then headed out to dinner at RM Champagne Salon.



Classic Flatbread (only because it had bacon)


Burger Americain

Sunday, we went and toured Southport.  There are the most adorable little shops and restaurants.  We went back, showered, and went to dinner at RMP Italian, Giuliana & Bill Ransic's restaurant.  It's lots of small plates so we tried a lot and got to share.






I won't lie, I thought the restaurant was going to be super touristy and ridiculous, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The food was excellent and the service was also great.  Giuliana & Bill also made an appearance to have dinner and stood right by our table for approximately 2 minutes.  My girlfriends were dying of happiness.

Monday, I went exploring by myself while Katie and Lauren worked.


Lincoln Park After Dark in Lincoln Park 


This guy was such a show off.  I got a video of him roaring for about 15 seconds.


These two baby gorilla are so precious.



I met back up with Lauren and we did a little more exploring and got cheese tots and bacon macaroni & cheese. I also went and got a few Chicago themed items for DG & Winston.


I loved the architecture of the city.


Monday night, Katie, Lauren, Brittany, and I went to the Augustana concert at Park West.  Augustana had Colony House open for them who were seriously impressive.  Augustana is even better in person, too!


I am so happy I had the opportunity to go visit!  Chicago is beautiful, clean, and so exciting.  I can't wait to go back and take DG with me.


xoxo,

post signature

Labels: , , ,