- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, mix the water and egg. In another shallow dish, mix the grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Heat the oil over high heat (if your oil is not hot enough, you'll lose the layer of cheese). Dip each chicken breast in the egg and water mixture, then in the cheese mixture.
- Fry in the hot oil until the chicken is golden brown. *Be careful, I burned my leg pretty bad adding the chicken.* Prepare a baking sheet with foil and then placing a wire rack on top. Place chicken on rack and bake for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Time varies depending on thickness of chicken breasts. I used thinner ones and baked for 16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn broiler on. Cover each piece of chicken with cheese and bacon and broil to melt cheese (mine took about 4 minutes).
Will you try this recipe? Have any recommendations for recipes I should try this week?