Winter Skincare

Forgive my poorly staged picture but I took this in a rush.  We're still friends, right?

I really hate winter weather in general, but one of the worst problems is how dried out my skin gets.  This year, I tried to be more proactive with my skin care to prevent the problems of the past.

Here's what I'm using:

{On My Face}

I'm using Rinse Squalane Oil in the morning under my tinted moisturizer and at night under my Nivea cream.  I use Nivea cream because I read on Ashley's blog that it rivals La Mer.  Which is cool because Nivea is definitely in my budget where as La Mer isn't.  I also use Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream in the morning under my concealer and then again before bed.  I also swear by Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips for dry lips year round.  I also use Bioderma to remove my make-up before bed.  There are times I come home from work and just use this right away.  It is SO good.  I highly recommend and I have really sensitive skin.  I also use Boots No. 7 Mineral Spray to set my make-up and also before bed.  It instantly hydrates and I highly recommend if your skin is really dehydrated.  Sometimes, I spray before a run to keep my face from getting too dry.

{On My Hands}

In the morning, I use Library of Flowers Willow & Water hand cream (not pictured).  It is hands down my favorite scent right now!  At night, I use Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (recommended by Joey) treatment followed by Lollia Relax hand cream.  I am sure it is mind over matter, but I find that Lollia's Relax fragrance does just that for me.

{On My Feet}

Because I've started running again, my feet are super cauloused.  So, I'm using Bath & Body Works Heel of Approval.  I put it on before I run and again before bed and I have definitely noticed a difference this time.

{All Over}

I have really sensitive skin and use only Dove bath products.  When I saw Mia's review of Dove Winter Care body wash, I decided to try it out.  I'm obsessed!  I use Eucerin Intensive Care body lotion.  It is so hydrating that I'm pretty sure I'll use this year round.  I also use Josie Maran Argan Oil on my face, around my cuticles, on my lips, and anywhere else that needs a little extra hydration.

What are you using to hydrate your skin this winter?  What should I try next?

Labels: