Suburb Sunday: Bonus Room {Before}

Our bonus room is our catch-all room or better described as the scary room.  The previous owners used it as a bedroom for their two sons, but we use it as our office, Winston's bedroom, and our TV room.  I've mentioned before that we don't have a TV in our living room downstairs for entertaining purposes, and it is maybe one of my favorite decisions.
So, here is our scary room
 

I mentioned in our downstairs home tour that we want DG's man couch upstairs in the bonus room, but it won't fit through the doorway.  So on a whim, we settled on this incredibly worn couch and ottoman from DG's friend when they were getting rid of it.  I'm really trying to figure out a way to get that couch downstairs through the doorway.  Any of y'all have any suggestions?




DG redid a dresser he found at the flea market for our entertainment center.  He also refinished that coffee table that was his during his single days.




Here's our desk area.  I updated the shelf above with a new burlap print and my favorite quote.


And when I went to Chicago, DG built me a window seat.  It doubles as storage for us.


He also did this painting to hang above the window in our bonus room.

Shop the post here:

knobs // mug

And be sure to check out DG's Facebook page here.


Stay tuned... We're planning on doing some major updates to the house in the coming months.

Labels: ,