Weekending: Annual Oyster Roast & Notice Anything?


Can y'all believe it's already February?  I can't believe I've been at my new gig for 2 weeks and I can't believe January is over.  I've been working on my goals of saying no, but I still feel like time is flying by and I am trying to stop and soak it all in.

That Charlie Brown cartoon reminded me of how my weekend started.  Friday night was sort of a disaster with some miscommunications that occurred between DG, my mom, and me.  I did get my hair done and I must tell you that I am really pleased with it.  I also got to have dinner with my BFF Lindsey.


I cut about 6 inches off my hair and I'm ecstatic.

My mom surprised me with a belated birthday present.  I found this ornament on Etsy and asked for it to add to our travel collection for our Christmas tree.  We got one in Chicago and D.C., but didn't have one from our honeymoon.  When I opened it I started daydreaming about those white beaches and crystal clear water.


Sorry, but throwing back for a just a minute...


Saturday afternoon was the annual oyster roast hosted in Jackson, NC.  Most of my family attends and this year, some of our friends attended.  It was a great time and the weather was perfect!



Those port-a-potties make a good background, right?



Sunday, we had breakfast with my parents and then headed back to the 'burbs.  Winston made himself comfy on our coats and slept the entire way back.  He really loves visiting my parents and loves to show off for them.  It is so exhausting for him though because he sleeps for about 24 hours straight when we get back! 




I stocked up on a few goodies at Target and treated myself to a cake pop.

Sunday night, DG, Winston, and I watched the Super Bowl together and I shed all the tears over this year's commercials.  I don't cry often, but anything with a dog or anything that is optimistic and showing the positive side of humanity (McDonald's... what?), I'm gonna cry.  That #likeagirl commerical?  I can't even.

How was your weekend?  What did you think of the Super Bowl?

Biana and I would love for you to link up with us!  Just remember to link back to us and use our button in your blog post.

P.S. Do you notice anything new over here?  Got a new web address!  Woot!


Labels: