This recipe is one of my favorites because it seems more complicated than it really is and it is darn delicious. We eat it year round, but man they are outstanding when the veggies are actually in season locally.
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank's)
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 4-6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (DG doesn't eat the quiona, so I usually do about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375 and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Toss the chicken in the 1/2 cup buffalo sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Coat each piece of chicken and place them on the baking sheet. Don't worry if the baking sheet gets crowded.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Fill each leaf with quinoa, tomatoes, and avocado. Top with chicken, and add blue cheese. You could also add green onions.
Have a great Sunday!
Labels: food, my life, recipe