Weekend: Ladies' Night Out & 5th Half


Happy Monday, y'all!
I'm going to combine a few of my favorites from Friday with my weekend recap.  Last week was a marathon week for me and it was glorious, but exhausting.  I didn't have any energy to get my post published for Friday.  Let's get right into it.
Last week, I stopped by the Moon & Lola Media Preview for the opening of their new store in Cameron Village.  

It was also the much anticipated Ladies' Night Out hosted by the Raleigh Blog Society in downtown Apex.  Y'all, I was so nervous and excited because I organized the event with the help of Sara Kate Styling & Mrs. Loves Life.




Kate of Sara Kate Styling and Andrea of Mrs. Loves Life


Stay tuned for my detailed recap tomorrow!

Friday afternoon, I went for a fresh hair cut and color.  I'm really dying to update my color a little once the weather is warmer.  I'm thinking something like this:


I also made gnocchi with meat sauce for dinner Friday night {recipe coming soon}.  DG and I were trying to be conscious of our food intake since we were running Sunday.


Saturday, I spent the day relaxing and trying to give my legs as much rest as possible.  I did do some prep for work and the blog, but I did that from the comfort of our couch.  I was so excited to receive this YSL Mascara False Effect Last Mascara to try from Influenster.


Our friend Mary threw a surprise party for her soon-to-be husband and we were so excited to attend.  I unfortunately didn't bring my camera in so I don't have any pictures.

Sunday was our half marathon.  I really tried to relax and not put too much pressure on myself, other than just to have a good time.  Around mile 8.5, my right knee started killing me.  It's been years since I felt that kinda pain, and I ended up walking most of the way at the end.  I was pretty disappointed because I was doing really well at my split: 1:00 hour even; my official time ended up being 2:16.  I texted Owen to see if she had any insight on what I should do because y'all, this ain't no joke.




After our run, DG and I went out for brunch before coming home to nap prepare for the week.




Shop the post here:

Alright, it's your turn to tell Biana and me all about your weekend.  Be sure you stop back by this week for a fun giveaway and a recap of our Ladies' Night Out.



Labels: , ,