Suburb Sunday: Blue Apron Meals

A few weeks ago, I decided to try Blue Apron, thanks to the reviews about the meals on Biana and Megan's blogs.
Our first set included Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup, Roasted Salmon with Fennel and Castelvetrano Olives, and Mushroom and Vegetable Pot Pie.
The meals come packaged in a box with dry ice.  I was pleased with how well the packaging was for the meals.

I pulled each meal's ingredients out so I could make sure I knew what went with what recipe and then I placed them either in the fridge or the pantry together.




I was a little intimidated by some of the ingredients, specifically the fennel, so I did some research using the links and the meal numbers on Blue Apron's website.  Overall, DG and I were pleased with the meals.  I loved that I didn't waste ingredients or food.  I usually overcook and then DG and I don't eat the leftovers consistently.

Cooking with new ingredients wasn't as intimidating either, thanks to the easy to follow instructions and the tutorials available online.  Each meal took around 30 minutes to prepare, which was perfect for how crazy my evenings usually are.




I'm not sure that I have a favorite out of the meals I tried either.  I loved each for different reasons, but if I had to pick, I'd go with the Salmon.  

We just got our second week of meals yesterday, and I'm pumped about the recipes we received.

Have you tried Blue Apron or any of the meal delivery programs?  How'd you like it?

If you'd like to try Blue Apron, shoot me an e-mail at champagneandsuburbs@gmail.com, and I will send you an e-mail for a free meal.

Happy Sunday!

Labels: ,