36 Hours in Raleigh


One of my favorite sources to use for happenings in Raleigh is Offline.  Not familiar with Offline?   It gives great recommendations on what to order at restaurants, events, places to visit, etc.  So, when I saw their 36 Hours in Raleigh by Chana from RaleighWhatsUp, I decided I would do something similar.
First things first, I'd grab a coffee from Benelux Coffee in Cameron Village.  I just feel cooler when I am in there.
(via)
Next, head over to Parlor Blow Dry Bar for a blow out.  Get a blood orange mimosa while you're at it.  Those girls know how to make you feel pampered!
(via)
Shopping in Cameron Village has always been my favorite.  There's Moon & Lola, Furbish, Charlotte's, Uniquities, The Impeccable Pig, and Madison, just to name a few of my go-tos.
(via)
After leaving Cameron Village, dinner would be at Calavera Empanada and Tequila Bar.  I recommend the chicken tinga, chimi churri, and the havana jerk and the cilantro jalapeno margarita.
(via)
After dinner, head over to Centro/Gallo Pelon for a drink on their rooftop bar.
(via)
End the night at Foundation, which is a speakeasy, and has the most amazing gin drinks.
(via)
For breakfast the next day, go to Big Ed's City Market.  The food is the best Southern breakfast food, and you can't beat the price for the amount of food you get.  Anything you order will be delicious, but I can't recommend the pancakes and hash browns enough.
(via)
Walk off breakfast by taking a stroll through Moore Square before ending up at the North Carolina Museum of History.
Then, head over to the North Carolina Museum of  Natural Sciences.
 
For lunch, The Station at Person Street has great outdoor seating and even better food.  Start out with the bacon, haberno, pimiento cheese dip.  Their black bean burger with homemade potato chips is my go-to.  
(via)
Head in to downtown again and check out High Cotton Ties.  This is especially close to my heart because the cotton products are made with cotton grown in North Carolina.
  
(via)
Make a pit stop at Paddy O'Beers.  Such a fun scene with a great selection of beer.
(via)
Walk over to Raleigh Denim Workshop and check out their awesomeness.
 the workshop, looking through front windows
(via)
Head over to Boylan Bridge Brewpub for the best view of the city.

For dinner, you know I'm going to tell you to go to Poole's Diner.  You can't come to Raleigh and not eat at at least one of Ashley Christensen's restaurants.  Girlfriend knows what she's doing with respect to food, drink, and atmosphere and won the James Beard award last year.
(via)

End your night with a drink at Fox Liquor Bar, another one of Ashley Christensen's creations.

(via)

Before you leave, have brunch at Joule and order the hangover with a latte.

Make a stop at the North Carolina Museum of Art Park and stroll around the gorgeous outdoor space.  See if you can spot the Hidden Hobbit House while you're there.

(via)

Before hitting the road, pick up some treats from Once in a Blue Moon Bakery.  Their cupcakes are heavenly.

(via)

This was maybe one of my hardest blog posts yet because there is so much to do in the area.  I hope you'll come and visit! 



Labels: , , ,