Five on Friday: First Weekend in November!

Never thought to use (battery operated) candles on my porch with my fall decor- looks lovely!:
(via)
Woo hoo!  Happy Friday, y'all!  I have a fun weekend ahead, so I'm even more excited to see Friday this week.  Here are my Friday Favorites.
{one}
When I left the classroom, my attention to the news started to dwindle a little bit.  One of the courses I taught relied heavily on current events, so I had the advantage of always reading the news.  I'm now obsessed with theSkimm.  I read it in the morning when I'm drinking my coffee and can investigate further based off of my interest surrounding the particular news article.  It makes it so much easier instead of having to read from a variety of sources.
{two}


I posted this outfit on Tuesday, and then hosted The Flourish Market in the 'burbs on Wednesday.  I can't rave about this dress enough, and it's only $30!  P.S. Stay tuned next week for a recap of my event!

{three}

I love reading your comments, but some of you are no-reply bloggers and I can't respond to you via email.  Here's a quick tutorial for how to change that so we can chat!
{four}

So, um, Chris Stapleton and Justin Timberlake stole. the. show. at the CMAs.  I can't stop listening to this song.

{five}

november 2015

I'm not sure how long you've been following along, but this year, my blog took a different twist.  I am a proud North Carolinian, and I am passionate about revitalizing eastern North Carolina.  I love when I see other folks doing that, and Vivian Howard is no exception.  DG and I are trekking down to Kinston to finally eat at the Chef and the Farmer in December.  I am over the moon about the revitalization that Vivian and her husband have done in the town.  Her and her husband actually lived in a small town in the same county as my parents before deciding on Kinston.  This month's Our State magazine is devoted to restaurants and the Chef & the Farmer take the center stage.  Read the article here.
What are your plans this weekend?
P.S. did you catch this week's posts?  My weekend recap, a transition dress, my first holiday gift guide of stocking stuffers for her, and a pattern mixing outfit all posted this week!
See you back here Monday for weekending with Biana!
 
Linking up with Amanda!
Meet At The Barre
Christina / Darci / April / Natasha 

Labels: , ,