I was pretty niave about how serious people take Valentine's Day when I was younger. When I was a freshman in college, I found out just how difficult it was to get dinner reservations on Valentine's Day, so I learned to be creative. That's come in handy since DG and I celebrate our dating anniversary, which is on Valentine's Day. We don't want to do the same thing every year of going to an overpriced, crowded dinner, so we're always thinking of things we can do to spend time together but not break the bank. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Recreate your first date. DG did this for me a couple of years ago, and it was so sweet to see the little details he remembered. Fun fact, he still remembers what I wore on our first date.
2. Tour a new area, whether it's a historic landmark in your town or a new park. I know it's February and freezing in most places, but it's always nice to take a little walk and explore something new.
3. Order take out and have a picnic in front of the fire.
4. A couple's spa treatment.
5. Cook your significant other's favorite meal at home, but use your best China and light some candles so it feels like dinner at a 5 star restaurant.
6. Head to the Flea Market and browse together. Bonus points if you agree on something. Our first anniversary resulted in a trip to the flea market where we scored our favorite piece of furniture in our house. We refinished the piece together, which made it even cooler.
What's your favorite Valentine's date night idea?
Happy Thursday! We're almost there!
Linking up with Joey and Kristin
Linking up with Annie and Natalie
Labels: marriage, my life