Holiday Recap

Overall, 2013 was not a great year for me.  I was in a car accident, lost one of my uncles, lost my grandfather, dealt with some professional turmoil (see article), dealt with some personal turmoil, wedding drama, but at the end of the day, I recognize that I am incredibly blessed.  DG is the best because he stood by me through all.  This holiday season was a great reminder of how blessed I am despite all.  I put together a little holiday recap about what all I did over the holidays since I took a break from my blog.

DG and I spent Christmas Eve with my grandmother and spent the night at my parents.  I loved this image when we woke up.  I also got a little choked up that my parents got DG a stocking this year.



DG and I spent part of Christmas day with my dad's side of the family.  I don't have any siblings, but I've always been incredibly close with my cousin.  He's the closet thing to a brother I ever had.  DG thought it would be funny to not take serious pictures, so the only two I have are one of him making a ridiculous face and the other is an after effect of me hitting him because he wouldn't be serious.




That night, we had a bonfire with two of our favorite friends.  



Winston celebrated Christmas by getting a rawhide bone from both sets of his grandparents and from DG & me. 


DG built himself an art studio, so I spent a lot of time at Lowe's.  The end result is great though.


I went to a vineyard with my buddy KP and I caught up over coffee at Joule.



On New Year's Eve, I went shopping and had lunch with my friend L.  We went to Lulu to help jump start our resolutions to run more.  That night, DG & I went to a party at one of our friend's houses.  I was pumped because I wore lipstick for the first time in my entire life.




Christmas decorations came down on New Year's Day.  I am always ridiculously sad when I take down Christmas decorations.  My house feels so empty now.  I never posted about this piece of decoration when I did a post a while back, but it's my favorite decoration.


My grandfather gave me this when I was in college.  Remember this post about how much he decorated for Christmas?  Well, this was always my favorite of his decorations.  So for Christmas one year, he gave it to me as a complete surprise.  I don't know what I'll do when it stops working, but I can't tell you how much I love it.  

I had my first ever green monster smoothie.  I have to say, I was a little skeptical, but I didn't hate it.

(nail polish: OPI's Designer... de Better)

And I went for a run in my new Lulu gear.  I proved today that I run faster in Lulu.


(shirt//tights)

How were your holidays?

Did you start your new year workouts?

Any recommendations for other smoothies?

Have a great Thursday!

xoxo


Labels: ,