Weekending: Thanksgiving Edition

5 days off work was exactly what I needed to rejuvenate.  There are only 4 weeks left in the semester and they are going to fly by!  I can't believe it's already December, but I realize I say that every month.

Here's a brief recap of what we were up to over the break.

Wednesday, DG and I spent the day cleaning and making sure we had everything needed for us to host my parents for Thanksgiving.  I settled in on Wednesday night to watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

(candle)

I also got in some snuggle time with W.


Thursday, I woke up and had to run a few last minute errands.  But a lot of my cooking was done ahead of time, so I had time to attempt a DIY I have been wanting to do for a while.


One of my favorite reasons for hosting Thanksgiving was getting to use some of the wedding gifts we received.


Winston took the time to enjoy snuggle time with his grandpa while my mom and I handled the things in the kitchen.




Our spread!


DG got to do the honors of cutting our turkey for the first time in our house.


I posted this picture on Instagram, but it still kills me.  Winston knows exactly who to go to for people food.


DG found W here during dinner.


We were also excited to finally get our fireplace up and running.


Friday, I worked.  DG and I had a low key dinner of pizza and wine.


I used my monogrammed wine glass from Swagger Boutique!  Thank you!


I worked again on Saturday and went and met my friend Roxanne & her mom for sangria at Vivace.  It was even more of a special occasion because Roxanne found her wedding dress.  What was even more exciting was our friend Jenny surprised us!  Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures though.

I ran home to pick up DG for dinner with friends at My Way.  When I ran in, I found my glasses from Firmoo finally arrived  (Please disregard how frumpy/wrinkled I was after 8 hours of work)!


Also, I am loving my scarf I got from Marley Lilly!   If you spent $100 or more, you received this free scarf.  I love that the plaid is in Christmas colors.


For Cyber Monday, for shopping at Marley Lilly, you'll receive this amazing necklace and earring set!  Go check out their amazing monograms and stay tuned for a post featuring two more of their products this week!



Sunday, DG and I started Christmas decorating.  


We went to the local farm for our tree.


We picked the one on the right.


I started decorating the dining room with these amazing trees from Stylish Living and place settings from Target (sold out online, but I love these).


My favorite addition to our Christmas decorations are these two gold glitter cotton boll trees I picked up from Stylish Living.

We set our tree up, but won't start decorating until tonight.

If you made it to the end, thank you so much!  I know that was a lot.  Now it's your turn!  Tell Biana and me about your holiday weekend!

xoxo, 

post signature

Labels: , , ,