Weekending: 3 Day Weekend + Reflection

I love a good three day weekend, but for this particular weekend, I have to pause and do some reflection.  As a history nerd major, my reflection is on Martin Luther King, Jr. and his contribution to the United States.  He is a man whose quotes give me chills and who I look to for amazingly peaceful inspiration when trials happen in the United States.

Only light. Only love. #quote #MLK Thank You, Dr. King for reminding us!

One of my favorite memories from college was going to the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site in Atlanta with my best friend, ALB.  We used to do this thing when we got excited and we would make up dances and songs, and this was no different for us.  We danced, cried, and squealed we were so excited and it was such a moving experience. If you're ever in ATL, go visit.

On to my weekend!  This was one of my favorite weekends I've had in a while because it was fun but I also was asleep by 8:00PM Friday and Saturday.

Friday was my last day at my former school, so my buddy KP planned a little send off for me.  I was so sad to say goodbye to my crew, but I am SO excited about my new position.  And my co-workers were so wonderful and supportive.

I came home to DG cooking a deep dish pizza.  My sweet tall friend in Chicago sent me a pepperoni and a sausage deep dish pizza from Lou Malnati's.  She has been planning this since I was in Chicago and fell in love with Lou's on my first night there.  You can order deep dish here!


Saturday, I went for a blow out at Parlor Dry Bar before meeting my friend Mo for some outfit pictures.  She is AWESOME and if you're in the market for a photog, check her out!

Then, I went and met my buddies Mary, Jen, & Chin Chin at Full Steam Brewery in Durham for an afternoon of fun.




Mary brought the snacks, including her famous homemade oatmeal cream pies.  We had a fun afternoon of girl talk and catching up while trying some new drinks.

We then headed over to Bull City Burger & Brewery for a quick bite.  I got the Joan Jett veggie burger with homemade mayo and feta and dirty fries.  I like to convince myself that eating the veggie burger cancels out all the other unhealthy food in the meal.


These girls are my favorites.


Sunday, I woke up to do a quick clean up around the house and busted out my new running shoes.


I got home, caught up on some planning, read some magazines, and continued my weekend of relaxing.

Today, I'm meeting up with Kate before heading in to work for a little bit.

How was your long weekend?

Biana and I would love for you to link up with us!  Just remember to link back to us and use our button! 


Labels: